The Associate Pastor (AP) position is key in accomplishing the purpose of the Crossings: connecting the reality of God to the reality of life. This is lived out through an intentionality about finding the lost, restoring the found, and making our world better. The AP will own and actively embrace and participate in this mission and vision.
The AP will provide leadership and oversight of key ministries and corresponding teams. This includes development and training of team leaders and volunteers, oversight of team budgets, recruiting, and any other related activities.
The AP will play a leading role in the organization and coordination of activities related to the weekly Sunday service as well as special activities, events and projects. This includes being part of the teaching team.
The AP will direct the Community Group Ministry of the Crossings to ensure the church is a community made up of a growing number of smaller communities for the purpose of care, learning, growth, and support.
This position will take responsibility for the business operations of the church (working with vendors, suppliers, accounting, etc.) which includes the use and upkeep of the facility.
The AP will work closely with the Lead Pastor in dreaming and developing plans to move into the future.
The AP will be expected to own a personal development plan, keeping himself physically, emotionally and spiritually healthy in a way that honors God and inspires people with a spirit of excellence and authenticity.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to
1. Provide leadership oversight of ministry teams.
- Creating/managing budgets
- Creating/implementing training plans
- Envisioning and recruiting of volunteers and leaders
- Training of team leads
2. Lead the development and growth of the Crossings through a community group strategy
- Oversee study group curriculum
- Train/equip group leaders
- Envision leaders and participants to the importance of the expanding of community groups
3. Business operations
- Facility management/maintenance
- Vendor management
- Accounting management
4. Works with the Lead Pastor to set the vision and establish the practices that will expand the footprint
of the Crossings as a distribution center of the goodness and reality of God to the community and
5. Performs other duties as needed
the Crossings is a member of the Willow Creek Association.
To learn more visit our website, www.thecrossingschurch.org.
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.