Island Community Church (ICC) & Island Christian School (ICS) is located in Islamorada, FL. We are a non-denominational Church and ICS is a ministry of ICC. ICS offers Christian education from Nursery to 12th Grade.
Effective Date: January 1, 2018
The responsibilities of the ICC/ICS Business Manager are, but not limited to, the following:
Tithe/Offerings & Tuition Management: Management of all facets of the financial processes including billing and collecting tuition (accounts receivables), making deposits, paying bills (accounts payable), maintaining and reconciling accounts for ICC/ICS. Organizing and managing financial records. Under the guidance of the Head of School will implement and manage FACTS tuition & financial aid process.
Human Resources: Responsible for employee payroll & benefits administration (including such things as insurance, retirement, worker’s compensation, etc.), and employee file management (including such things as personal leave days, record keeping, etc.).
Budget: Assists with development of the annual budget, monitors budget accounts, and creates monthly financial reports & budget statements. Aiding in the development of budgets. Creating and disseminating standardized financial reports on a regular basis to the leadership team, as well as ad-hoc reporting as requested.
Working Relationships: Must be able to develop, maintain, and manage relationships with service and material vendors. Will work with Elder Board, Finance Advisory Board, Head of School and Pastoral Staff and ICC volunteers on as-needed basis on financial matters.
- A Christian and is willing to commit to Island Community Church’s Statement of Faith
- Willingness to commit to regularly attend Island Community Church unless the candidate already has a home church in the local area.
- At least five years of experience in book-keeping and basic financial management of organizations with yearly budgets of over $1 million
- BA or BS Degree; Accounting, Business Administration, Economics are preferred
- Experience in QuickBooks and MS Excel a must.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Has a reputation for good financial judgment, honesty and high ethical standards
- Organized and task-oriented
- Dependable and punctual
- 3 References
- Ability to pass appropriate employment background checks
To apply for this job opening, please first post your resume.
Island Community Church
An exciting, evangelical church located on the island of Islamorada in the Florida Keys. Member of Willow Creek Association. Island Christian School, with an attendance of 200 students, is a ministry of the church. More...